my monkey

Thursday 10 May 2012

Cry Of The Taniwha- Chapter 16

WALT - Find the meaning of words.

 1. Find the meaning of the following words: console / briefly / bombarded / edition / pendant 

Console- A panel or unit accommodating controls for electronic or mechanical equipment. 

Briefly -for a short time. 

Bombarded-Assail (someone) persistently, as with questions, criticisms, or information. 

 Edition-A particular version of a text that has been created or revised from a substantially new setting of type: "a first edition" 
  
Pendant-A piece of jewelry that hangs from a chain worn around the neck.

2. Find where each word is used during the chapter and give the page number and paragraph number.

console- paragraph 1 page 116 

briefly- paragraph 3 page 116 

bombarded- paragraph 10 page 116 

Edition- paragraph 1 page 117 

pendant-paragraph 2 page 117 
 
3. Wow me with an amazing sentence for each word. 

Console - My sister bought a game console.

Bombarded - I bombarded Shania with horse information.

Briefly - I briefly explained how to do maths.

Edition - I read the new horse magazine edition.

Pendant - My Mum bought me a new pendant. 
 
 
shania,Jessie and Hannah. :D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment